Tuesday 6 December 2011

145. Select a technological innovation of this century and discuss its effects on your family, local community or nation. (Notre Dame)


The most successfully selling Apple product of all times is the iPhone. When Steve Jobs stood on the podium and introduced the iPhone, he never could have imagined that he was going to change the world forever. The iPhone has become an integral part of a large populations daily life. Whether it is adults or children, men or women, Asian or American, all have been caught in the ever-expanding sea of this technological marvel. People can play games, call, use applications for travel and even make movies on their iPhones. In India the iPhone came a little late. But as soon as it came, it became an instant hit. People started carrying iPhone everywhere. It was there source of entertainment as well as a utility. Carrying an iPhone became a status symbol. Apple kept on revolutionizing the iPhone and people kept on buying it. All my relatives started buying the iPhone. My dad, who never was interested in technology, bought it. I was shocked. But I guess that’s how we change. My father started spending more time on his iPhone than on anything else. He used it to check the stock market condition, currency rates, travel routes and many other purposes. My neighbors started talking about iPhone all the time. No longer were they interested in gossips. In fact they were interested in the launch of the new iPhone or the competition it faced. Every time I came out of my building, I saw somebody or the other fiddling with his or her iPhone. Apple had launched a product that not only captured the American market, but the worldwide market itself. People all over the world went crazy over it. The technology involved in it was so scintillating that I myself wanted to work in Apple or invent something like the iPhone. Machinery and electronics have a very wide scope and that is why I have always wanted to pursue it as a carrier. I wanted to change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment