Tuesday 13 December 2011

Describe your most important academic accomplishment or intellectual experience to date. We don’t want to know about test scores or course grades, rather we want to know about your creativity, your willingness to take intellectual risks or your affinity for scholarly endeavors. (MIT)


The most important intellectual experience that I ever had was a course that I took on Artificial Intelligence. An Internet course organized by two Stanford University professors, it taught me various things related to Artificial Intelligence. I had one of the best experiences while taking the course. It opened my mind to many new topics, which I was otherwise ignorant about. The sheer thrills in observing things like machine learning, Bayes’ network and other topics to do with Robotics and machinery was a lifetime experience. Solving the problems put forward in front of me and learning from my mistakes was a true intellectual experience. I love mathematics and physics; lucky for me, the course had everything to do with those two subjects. It activated some hidden machinery within me, which energized me even at the dullest of times. It taught me the vast fields to do with machines. It is not just taking two parts and joining them together, it is not just instilling a program within a machine; it understands a part of a very wide field. It taught me a part of the field I am deeply interested in and that I still have a lot to learn. For me the zeal to learn machines is like a large sea that will never be full despite all the knowledge I gain. For I believe that education is a never-ending field, and especially subjects like Mathematics and Physics. Whenever I switched on the Internet I just thought of going to the ai-classroom. Facebook, Gmail, Google and other websites no longer seemed important. Every thing that I learnt has become an integral part of me. Nobody forced me to take the Artificial Intelligence course. It was my choice and I will always be proud of it. My thirst for learning is still not quenched and I want to explore every thing that I can learn in Mathematics and Physics. Time flies when I do Mathematics and Physics, and I can do it day and night. Overall the Artificial Intelligence was a memorable, intellectual and true learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment